A recurring request from club members has been a means of knowing if anyone is playing at a particular venue at a given day/time. PlayTime Scheduler for pickleball is an online website tool that can be used to meet this need. The Siouxland Pickleball Association has been using the tool for approximately a year and a half and is very pleased with it. Use of the website is by individual choice, of course, so obviously, it’s success in our area is dependent upon how many individuals choose to use it.
It is extremely important to note the following: “Setting up a session” is only letting people know you’ll be playing at a particular place at a particular time. PlayTime Scheduler is a communication tool; it is NOT a court reservation tool.
Features of PlayTime Scheduler (free version)
- Create a public play session (Let people know you are going to play. Invite-only is available also.)
- Customize your e-mail preferences for notifications (Or choose to not get notifications.).
- Get notifications when a session has been started by specific locations, zip code or e-mail preferences.
- Specify play format (Optional: e.g. doubles, singles, drills).
- Search for players by name or e-mail (You can choose to not allow this in your preferences.).
- Save and reuse an invite list (Private or public).
- Although it is not an app, it can be bookmarked on your phone and accessed similar to an app.
Pros of using PlayTime Scheduler:
- It’s FREE to use (There are paid versions, but the free account is all you need for scheduling.).
- It’s available now. All you have to do is create an account on the free version.
- You don’t need individual contact information to let people know there will be play at a given venue at a given time (Potential to reduce text messaging, e-mail messaging, and/or Facebook posting back and forth.).
- You can receive notifications when a session has been set up.
If you prefer not to receive notifications when sessions have been set up, you can go to the site and check for sessions.
Click on the button below to visit the website and create an account to get started!
If you have any questions about the program please send an e-mail to email@example.com.